You used to do them all the time, way back before you got married.
And then something happened — life.
If you are feeling a bit stuck in your relationship, and if you want your spouse to fall crazy-in-love with you all over again, then it’s time to take a step back and focus on creating more positive interactions with each other — and fewer negative ones.
Yes, it’s time to start finding ways to serve your spouse to truly meet his or her needs.
It’s time to start nurturing your marriage, in little ways, to create the kind of marriage you both want.
So here are 25 little things you can do today to make your spouse crazy about you:
1. Fold the laundry and put it all away in one day
2. Hand-write a note to your wife, telling her she is beautiful
3. Get ready a little quicker for your date so your husband doesn’t have to wait so long
4. Clean his car
5. Let her sleep in
6. Sit down to play a board game together to talk, laugh and flirt
7. Give a welcome-home hug that lasts for two solid minutes
8. Offer a sincere compliment, telling him what a great father he is
9. Give him a back scratch while you watch football together
10. Clean the toilet
11. Be first to say “I’m sorry”
12. Make her favorite dinner
13. Pick up her favorite soda
14. Stay within the budget
15. Declutter that junk pile on the bedroom dresser
16. Watch that chick flick with her, even though you don’t really dig chick flicks
17. Take a walk around the block while holding hands
18. Be cheerful and positive after work
19. Kiss goodbye every single morning with an “I love you”
20. Put your phone down and really listen to him
21. Play footsies under the kitchen table during dinner
22. Call her on your lunch break just to check in and hear about her day
23. Empty the dishwasher
24. Ask him out on a spontaneous milk-shake date
25. Send a quick text to say thanks for something specific you appreciate about him/her
These may seem like simple things to do, but they will make a huge difference in the overall health and well-being of your marriage.
Little things like these tell your spouse, “I’m here for you,” “I love you,” “I care about you,” “I want to make your day” and “You mean the world to me.”
As your spouse receives these messages, he or she will feel confident in your love, and more close and connected to you.
And that is a recipe for a very happy, healthy and well-nurtured marriage.
This article was originally published on Nurturing Marriage. It has been republished here with permission.