It’s easy to fall into the trap of comparing yourself to others and their circumstances and thinking you are somehow “less than” everyone around you. Or you may be self-critical and extra harsh with yourself because you think you’re not good enough, smart enough, skinny enough or talented enough.
It’s time to stop this downward spiral thinking. You are your best self, and that’s what is important. No one else can do you better than you. So give yourself a break, and be kind to yourself. Start with some of these positive thoughts to get you started:
1. Remember all that you’ve been through and how strong you are
2. Be patient with yourself
3. Small improvements every day
4. Is there anything better to be?
5. The world needs you
6. You are full of goodness
7. Loving yourself is …
8. Be good to yourself, too
9. The power of positive self-talk
10. Your thoughts become a part of you
11. You choose your behavior
12. Keep going
13. You create your own future
14. You CAN
15. You are your perfect self; you are who you are meant to be
16. Talk nice to yourself
We could all do a little better with being kind to ourselves and more positive about who we are and what we’re doing. We can make changes in our lives (and we should), but we don’t have to hate ourselves in the process. Be positive and allow yourself to learn, and grow, and change— be YOU.