Being a mom is a full-time job with no holidays, no real breaks (because we’re always worrying), and you don’t receive any monetary compensation. Whether you’re a stay-at-home mom, work part or full-time, or work from home, there’s nothing that compares to being a mother.
Of course, we do get plenty of comedic material to use as parents. Sometimes the laughter is not in the moment, but always in hindsight. Take a moment and read these relatable and hilarious Instagram posts (we’ll give you a minute to situate the toddler on your lap):
1. Mom’s throwing a tantrum and needs a time out. Alone. In a locked room. With plenty of chocolate.
2. At least invite me next time!
3. In our defense, it’s proven that pregnancy kills our brain cells, so really, this is your fault.
4. And then one kid gets sick, and there’s basically an epidemic.
5. But, when mom gets sick …
6. Congrats to all mommy Olympians!
7. Didn’t you just eat this morning?
8. Yay! The laundry’s all done. Just kidding. It’s not now.
9. If you’re desperate for some alone time, raise your hand.
10. Because getting in and out of the car repeatedly with an entourage of children takes more time than the actual errands.
11. This. This sums it up. Make sure your life jacket is handy!
Just because being a mom is the greatest job, doesn’t mean it’s always fun or trial free. Make the best of the good times, and laugh as much as you can at the not-so-good moments.